Visitors

Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Taste: Tuesday at 8|7c on ABC




There's a new show on ABC "The Taste". When I first saw the commercial I was like "oh great another cooking show". Its all part of this trend that if one thing comes out and it does good another person takes the idea and try to make its money from it. I wasn't interested, I wasn't sold. Until one day I was watching Once Upon a Time and saw that Anthony Bourdain was in it. I watched his show all the time when it was on the travel channel so I was like why not. I went on demand started watching the first episode. I prepared myself to make a bias opinion and not like it. I told myself I'm going to be bored after like the first ten minute.
Than BAM!!! I found myself lost in it. In my opinion it was like watching X-Factor or American Idol (or what it use to be) but with food. Here is how it goes. There are four mentor Anthony Bourdain, Nigella, Ludo, and Marlarkey (Love this name by the way makes me giggle). They pick people by the taste of their dish. They don't see who it is or know whats in it. If more than one of them chooses one person to be on their team than that person has the choice of who's team they want to be in. Do I make sense yet? lol. Each mentor has about 16 cooks in their team. This whole selection process reminds me of The Voice, which I like by the way.  From there they face team and individual challenges. What I like is that when they make their individual dishes its a blind taste test again. So the mentors are clueless of who made the dish or even if its someone from their own team. I find it fair and unbiased like most shows I have seen before that's what makes it different.

So my opinion of the show, I love it. The mentors are great they have all different personalities, funny, and entertaining to watch them judge. Especially between Ludo and Marlarkey. They seem very genuine and down to earth. I love that they have fun and challenge their team. You never know what to expect with each passing episode. I have caught up and been watching this show since.  There's drama, comedy, and all around entertainment. You have all types of dishes, things you never knew would go together. Not everyone on the show are professionals. Some are home cooks or just food bloggers. Its very diverse I love it. Its about the taste not the presentation. You can make anything look pretty, but its a great talent to make it taste wonderful. Can't wait for Tuesday's episode at 8pm.

If you want to check it out watch the latest episode on the site  http://abc.tv/Z3jimp or if you have comcast watch it on demand under TV shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment